What's new

Any source for detailed explanations of all the selections in Merlin's product

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alternety

Regular Contributor
I am not anywhere near an expert. I have an AC3100 with current Merlin. I have managed to turn off WiFi. I don't know how.

My problem is screwing things up because I don't understand the functions of various entries and there interrelationship. Not a particularly unusual problem I suspect. A lot of the possible selections have little pop-ups. That is wonderful. But I don't understand many of the selection options and how they interact with other entries. I have searched a whole bunch to try to find something that I can use to learn these details. At best I have found higher level tutorials that skip the little details.

Does anyone have an idea where I can find such documentation? I do realize the odds are low.

apologize if I am wrong, I assume English is not your native language just like it's not my first language either.
So first thing is to pick the UI language that's suitable for you.
You can choose the language at the upper right corner after you log into the router.
Untitled.png
only have experience with English / Chinese UI, and they gives enough explanation for me in most of the setting.
Well, except the smart connect feature, that's the only thing I have no fracking clue and will try to figure out someday ;p

And you can also download the user manual from Asus. Merlin's firmware is based on Asuswrt, so it should cover the basics.
It also comes with different languages.

As far as the details, I normally just google them to see if i need to make change, and pretty much can leave everything as is.

Most settings come from Asus, so you'll have to refer to their site for info on most of these settings. The settings that were added by me are generally documented in a popup and in the Wiki.

Most settings come from Asus, so you'll have to refer to their site for info on most of these settings. The settings that were added by me are generally documented in a popup and in the Wiki.

I notice in the WiKi:
  • Disk spindown after user-configurable inactivity timeout
And, that this is not listed under features since adopted by ASUS firmware.

Can I then conclude that ASUS firmware does not yet spindown the disk? It doesn't spindown here with my USB disk.

OE

I notice in the WiKi:
  • Disk spindown after user-configurable inactivity timeout
And, that this is not listed under features since adopted by ASUS firmware.

Can I then conclude that ASUS firmware does not yet spindown the disk? It doesn't spindown here with my USB disk.

OE

Asus added the feature to the stock firmware a few months ago. I simply didn't remove it from the Wiki after they did, in part because my implementation is slightly different (allowing you to exclude specific disks).

Anything on HTTPS/SSL Certificate settings and which is best to use? I have none set now but not sure if that’s good/safe or not out of the other 2 choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!