What's new

Any tutorials or guidance to configure reverse proxy on an AC68U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

frankie4fingers

Occasional Visitor
Hi all

Pretty much as the title of the thread says. I am looking to setup a reverse proxy so that I can access my Xpenology NAS that sits behind my AC68U. I have looked at it on the NAS but thought that maybe I would be better to perform this at the router itself instead.

A bit more info around this is that I own my own domain name but don't run a website or anything like that. It is only used for email hosting via GSuite.

At the moment I use no-ip.org to provide a DDNS service as I am not on a static IP with my ISP.

What I was wondering was whether I could use my own domain name to create SSL certs via Let's Encrypt in order to provide the security but I am not totally set on that. By that I mean if its easier to continue using the free no-ip DDNS service and then generate Let's Encrypt certs then I would be ok to do so.

I just wonder whether anyone can point me in the direction of a good guide on how to achieve this.

Thanks

Why don't you just use an OpenVPN server? :)

I did think about that but wasn't sure whether that was easier, simpler etc than possibly getting a reverse proxy up and running.

If I ran a server then would there be any issue running clients as well with Selective Routing?