What's new

Suricata Any Updates?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

New2This

Just wondering if any else is running this program? Even wondering if there are any updates coming

I seem to recall that the person who was leading the experimental charge with suricata came to the conclusion that he had taken it as far as a router like we discuss here can go. So, I wouldn't expect any updates because I think they have moved on from here.

Just wondering if any else is running this program? Even wondering if there are any updates coming

I don't use it but on the official site there is a 6.0.2 release dated March 2021.

Screenshot 2021-06-04 090116.jpg

Yup another user maintained the management script and @rgnldo did the original. I have been meaning to look at bringing it up to speed time permitting....

Thanks for the poke.
wow, that would be amazing...especially if you get it on track for amtm integration like you did with cake.

I have a spare rpi 4 sitting here, I might just go ahead and install Suricata on that for now, try it.....I suppose tho I would need a switch in order for this to work? Or would I be able to point to it in the Asus router to use (IP)??

Suricata is currently based on Rust library. I think it was discontinued from the Entware repository.
I recommend using Suricata or Snort in an embedded software solution (Pfsense, Opnsense, Ipfire etc)
A dedicated mini firewall behind a wifi router is the basic security policy.

Suricata is currently based on Rust library. I think it was discontinued from the Entware repository.
I recommend using Suricata or Snort in an embedded software solution (Pfsense, Opnsense, Ipfire etc)

So there we go. I let the pros get to the root. Sounds like we aren't in any luck especially with the Entware drop.

Long time no chat @rgnldo - hope all is well!

So what your saying is ISP-> wifi router-> IPfire( raspberry pi in my case)

and NOT ISP-> Ipfire-> Asus router

Hi @rgnldo , I'd like to do this with the pfSense/opnSense fw as a transparent filtering bridge with the Asus still handing out DHCP. I've tried a dozen times and can't seem to get it right.... If I make the fw the DHCP server and the Asus as just an access point it will work, but I would rather have my AX88u as DHCP server.

Can you suggest a set of instructions to follow for this? I have a preference for opnSense and have used the online HowTo docs several times and tried various indi how-to's. I must be missing something or have a fundamental lack of understanding on how the pf fw is used. Recommendations? I apologize for bringing up this old post. TIA

Last edited: