1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Anybody able to get NoDogSplash working?

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Noodle04, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Noodle04

Noodle04 Occasional Visitor

I'm trying to build NoDogSplash on AsusWrt Merlin 384.14. Compile is fine, configuration also ok. But when I start nodogsplash, it complaining that iptables version is too low. It requires 1.4.17, and AsusWrt Merlin using iptables 1.4.15. Manually lower requirement to v1.4.15 cause error like:

iptables v1.4.15: unknown option "--wait"
    Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.

Anybody know how can we use feature "--wait" in 1.4.15?

2. Martineau

Martineau Part of the Furniture

According to the iptables man page

upload_2019-12-15_21-5-11.png

So the directive ensures iptables rules cannot be modified/accessed concurrently.

Seemingly the iptables v1.4.15 created rules are unaffected by the lack of the Mutex/Lock/Semaphore, so I would assume that it should be safe to remove the '--wait' directive, unless the NoDogSplash thread architecture makes it mandatory - but not having reviewed the source code I could be wrong.