What's new

Anyone actually use bluetooth with their phone?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Binxton

New Around Here
So i have recently discovered that the less i deal with my phone directly the better my quality of life should be. I have deleted pretty much all the bs social networking apps from my phone and try my damndst to keep my eyes off of the screen. But the problem lies with my phone - the actual phone part- i get a lot of calls per day for business and well, i hate it. Good for business but bad for my anti phone phase. A buddy of mine got me off of the iOS band wagon and into the android eco system a while back and uses a blueant q2, now i would like to take his word for it and im sure i can, but im intesteed to know what the what the community uses, if any....

you mean Bluetooth for phone to headset or phone to speakerphone?

The latter is widely used of course. Most new cars have bluetooth links to tie phone to car's built-in speakerphone. In ours, the microphone is built into the ceiling (roof?) console that operates the sun roof and map lights.
Our car will pair with either of our cell phones (Mine's an HTC Incredible), and one has priority. My wife's phone is an, er, feature phone as they're called. Both work the same.

I've not used the after-market add-on Bluetooth speakerphone- but friends of mine do. Not as good of voice quality as OEM, but safer than the usually feeble speakerphone in the phone itself.

OEM Sync Navi all-in-one system you tell her to turn on phone or turn on the radio she turns off the radio. Play aux iPod she turns on SirusXM. :rolleyes:

Phone is even worst.. I am not a fan of the cell phone but I know we have to use it to make calls now..

Bluetooth - I use it in my car for speakerphone - works nice there, and listening to podcasts on the commute - my car has the handsfree link built in so I work that...

Oddly enough, for other usage when @ home or at the office, I use either handset mode or the wired earbuds... don't like walking around like I'm a Borg with some earset sticking out...

I use Bluetooth for a remote portable speaker. I do not use it for my car as you lose low bass, so I use a USB cable which works better with low bass.

I also use Bluetooth for my home security using Apple's Home kit as I feel like it is not hackable from afar, you need to be close which I prefer. The problem is Bluetooth is not far ranged but I have heard some of the wireless APs will extend Bluetooth for larger homes.

Both our cells use Bluetooth to connect to our Vtech home phone system, our car, our diabetic glucose meters, wireless home speakers and headphones and Oura smart rings as well as connecting to each other's phones to share contacts, call logs etc. We could use it to geofence our Mysa thermostats and Hue lighting (or maybe it uses wifi and location instead?) but we don't.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!