What's new

Anyone else having issues trying to flash the newest merlin (stable or beta) to the GT-0AXE11000?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

superdeleted

New Around Here
So Ive been experiencing some troubles (well since forever) on my GT-AXE11000 after this last long stint of putting up with them, since it had been a couple formware updates I decided to do a factory reset to see if maybe something would change, it is suggested to do after firmware updates anyways sometimes so I went ahead. Upon getting it set back up now my 2.4GHz band isn't working. Like I can see it and I have excellent signal strength my devices will even connect to it but then the devices report no internet connection which is odd because A. yes there is and B. wired, 5GHz and wifi 6 all work perfectly fine and connect instantly to my fiber service. So I cant figure out what is going on there.

I used to use merlin back on my ac and ax 86U so I figured IU would give it a go on my axe11000 buuuuuut when trying to flash any version stable or beta so far it does one of two things. it either instantly kicks me out back to the router login page not proceeding or it looks like it starts giving the message as such but then just stops there no progress bar of the flash or seemingly anything happening except a spinning circle.

Anyone else get this oir might have a clue as to what is happening with either issue noted?

Ill note that I had to send in my retail axe11000 because of an issue way back that they deemed unfixable and they sent this one, and as I mentioned above since day 1 I have had some form of connectivity issue but never this bad where 2.4 is unusable. Its crippled my smart home because since I reset to factory I havent been able to get any of my devices reconnected (ok shouldnt say ANY as I have been able to connect like 3-5 wifi clients but it takes many many attempts and then doesnt last long.

greatly appreciated any insight or info someone might have. I did find similar stories on here that could be the same thing but none of the threads I read through gave a solid fix/workaround so now I am giving it a shot.

THANKS!!

So Ive been experiencing some troubles (well since forever) on my GT-AXE11000 after this last long stint of putting up with them, since it had been a couple formware updates I decided to do a factory reset to see if maybe something would change, it is suggested to do after firmware updates anyways sometimes so I went ahead. Upon getting it set back up now my 2.4GHz band isn't working. Like I can see it and I have excellent signal strength my devices will even connect to it but then the devices report no internet connection which is odd because A. yes there is and B. wired, 5GHz and wifi 6 all work perfectly fine and connect instantly to my fiber service. So I cant figure out what is going on there.

I used to use merlin back on my ac and ax 86U so I figured IU would give it a go on my axe11000 buuuuuut when trying to flash any version stable or beta so far it does one of two things. it either instantly kicks me out back to the router login page not proceeding or it looks like it starts giving the message as such but then just stops there no progress bar of the flash or seemingly anything happening except a spinning circle.

Anyone else get this oir might have a clue as to what is happening with either issue noted?

Ill note that I had to send in my retail axe11000 because of an issue way back that they deemed unfixable and they sent this one, and as I mentioned above since day 1 I have had some form of connectivity issue but never this bad where 2.4 is unusable. Its crippled my smart home because since I reset to factory I havent been able to get any of my devices reconnected (ok shouldnt say ANY as I have been able to connect like 3-5 wifi clients but it takes many many attempts and then doesnt last long.

greatly appreciated any insight or info someone might have. I did find similar stories on here that could be the same thing but none of the threads I read through gave a solid fix/workaround so now I am giving it a shot.

THANKS!!

I'd re-commission the router... disconnect everything but your admin PC, install current ASUSWRT firmware, Hard Reset that firmware to its default settings, and configure minimally from scratch. If the router still does not function normally, start replacing hardware... you need to troubleshoot the 'forever trouble'.

OE

You sure you are downloading the right FW ? mY axe1100 has been running all the Merlin Alpha and beta no problem . Could it be a bad router ?

... install current ASUSWRT firmware ...
Except he says that's no go.

What /I/ would attempt is whichever deep reset Asus directs for the model. When it boots up, let it sit un-interacted-with while I have a smoke. Power cycle it, then go for the configuration. If that offers no joy I might try it all once more. Before sending it back to Asus I'd give one shot at the emergency recovery flash.

Except he says that's no go.

If I can't flash stock on the 'forever trouble' bare router with nothing else connected to it, then I would start replacing hardware. When the router fails, you don't have a network anymore, so re-commission the network again from the router out until all is up and running... one step at a time.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!