What's new

Anyone get EZ Printer Sharing to Work (with a printer not on ASUS' "compatibility" list???

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JEofMPK

Regular Contributor
I cant get it to work but am sure I set it up as per instructions. Have an HP P2205d which is an office grade printer. This worked for me before I switched from Netgear (using their USB printer utlity) to ASUS. The former's list of "compatibles" seems so short. I had assumed it only meant they didnt spend a lof of time testing every printer on earth and that my HP would work. Have you been able to get a printer not on ASUS's list to work?

I cant get it to work but am sure I set it up as per instructions. Have an HP P2205d which is an office grade printer. This worked for me before I switched from Netgear (using their USB printer utlity) to ASUS. The former's list of "compatibles" seems so short. I had assumed it only meant they didnt spend a lof of time testing every printer on earth and that my HP would work. Have you been able to get a printer not on ASUS's list to work?

Setup:

"Compatibility List"

Are you sure that's the correct model number and not P2055d?

Is the printer USB only with no Ethernet?

How far through the setup procedure do you get before it fails?

Does it look like the router has recognised the printer or are there USB related errors in the System Log?

Last edited:
Hi thank you for your response. Yes it is the P20255d. I installed the right driver, just made a mistake typing above. Yes its a USB printer with no Internet. I didnt check the router log. All I know is the printer worked when connected directly to the laptop. No matter what I did it would not work when connected to the router.

I did take my old Negear R7000 router and used it as an AP. Installed the Netgear USB utliity for printers (which by the way has no :compatiblity list) conncected it to the ASUS and can now print. Prefer not to have this setup.

What next?

No matter what I did it would not work when connected to the router.

More information needed.

What happens when you run the EZ Printer setup utility?

Does it look like the router (Network Map > USB) has recognised the printer or are there USB related errors in the System Log?

Thank you for your response. Much appreeciated. I will try to wade through the log and get you that info. Meanwhile got a bigger problem that I posted on the board.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!