What's new

Anyone getting weak signal on their nodes now?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MethodMan008

New Around Here
Hello forums,

I have a RT-AX82U router on my ground floor, and a ZenWifi AX Node in my basement office and also one in my wife's office on the second floor.. It has worked great for months, but recently I noticed the lights on my nodes are like yellow, which corresponds to a weak connection, I looked in the app and my basement office node is RSSI = -46 dBm, and the one in my wife's second floor office is RSSI = -38 dBm. If I reboot the whole system, they will go back to great for a bit, but usually same day they will revert to yellow/weak connection. I did get a firmware update somewhat recently, but it wasn't like I updated the firmware and they immediately started doing this, it started a bit after.

Any ideas how to fix this? My wife is going to start doing more work at home tele-therapy soon and I don't want our network to fail her.

Are you checking when there is little network usage? Try when all the nodes are working a little hard and check if the connection shows 'great' then.

Those RSSI figures are just fine --- you shouldn't have to worry as long as you're better than -60 or so. So I'm suspicious that the yellow LED is due to something else. Have you looked in the system log to see if you can get more info about why it's unhappy?