What's new

Anyone gotten Media Bridge mode to work on XT8?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tgl

Very Senior Member
I've been trying to use an Asus XT8 in media bridge mode. It seems to work reliably if the parent AP is another XT8, but not with other gear as the parent AP (in particular, not with a Zyxel NWA210AX as AP). The behavior is very bizarre --- for instance, when I was testing just now with two printers behind the node, I could ping one printer but not the other, but could not print to either nor reach their admin webpages. Previous tests showed pings sometimes passing and sometimes not. It's not a wireless-net problem because the XT8's own admin GUI is perfectly functional, and I can even use it to ping the printers, so there's not a problem on that side either. The XT8 is simply failing to pass (most) traffic from one side to the other.

I've seen this with both firmware 42095 and the latest beta 46980. I've tried the usual recipe of hard-factory-reset-and-reconfigure-from-scratch with both versions, without improvement. So I wonder if anyone else has gotten this mode to work.