What's new

anyone having wifi issues?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kowra

Occasional Visitor
Hi All.

I've been running merlin for a looooong time on my ac68u.
Did some re-cabling, and shut down the router.
after it started back up i couldn't connect to WiFi with any client.
Just said wrong password.

factory reset using the reset button, the option on the web ui, and the wps button, same thing.
very frustrating.

I tried updating to the latest firmware, same thing, even after resetting the factory defaults.

It solved itself once i went back to asus stock...

no idea why..

Were there any non-standard characters in the SSID or password? As a temporary test - if you are unsure - just change the SSID to something simple (eg test) - same with the password, just to rule that one out.

Were there any non-standard characters in the SSID or password? As a temporary test - if you are unsure - just change the SSID to something simple (eg test) - same with the password, just to rule that one out.
didn't change the SSID name (it was simple anyway) but I did change the password to something simple with letters only. and made absolutely sure i typed it in.
even "forgot" the SSIDs on adroid and reentered them.
extremely weird.

i think i figured it out, though i'll never know for sure.
The CPU was at 100% even after factory reset, I probably just needed to let it cool down for a bit.
reinstalled merlin and idle temp is at 68C which seems OK. what brought the CPU to 100%... no idea:confused:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!