What's new

Anyone using Brave Browser and notice?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

QuikSilver

Very Senior Member
Do any of you use Brave browser along with Skynet and/or diversion AND notice no ads? Have noticed lately I haven't been getting ads as expected and believe it may be diversion related. Curious if anyone else noticed or had similar issue. Thanks!

I've diversion running on my AC86 and Brave (longtime user of Merlin/scripts and Brave) on my iPhone and desktop, default browser on both, @QuikSilver - Brave's blocking is my "last line of defence"

It's quite nice...or is that (no ads) the problem? You're not earning BAT and depleting your wallet balance?

Do any of you use Brave browser along with Skynet and/or diversion AND notice no ads? Have noticed lately I haven't been getting ads as expected and believe it may be diversion related. Curious if anyone else noticed or had similar issue. Thanks!
;)

I've diversion running on my AC86 and Brave (longtime user of Merlin/scripts and Brave) on my iPhone and desktop, default browser on both, @QuikSilver - Brave's blocking is my "last line of defence"

It's quite nice...or is that (no ads) the problem? You're not earning BAT and depleting your wallet balance?
As odd as it sounds....I didn't mind the pop up ads that helped to earn BAT.

I'll keep my personal thoughts about that cryptocurrency off the forum...
I surmise you have a conundrum on your hands, @QuikSilver. To BAT or not to BAT is the question. I support what they're trying to do, but I'm staying away...and I work for/with people (creators, end users) who benefit!

I'll keep my personal thoughts about that cryptocurrency off the forum...
I surmise you have a conundrum on your hands, @QuikSilver. To BAT or not to BAT is the question. I support what they're trying to do, but I'm staying away...and I work for/with people (creators, end users) who benefit!
Yea thats what I figured as well. My hope is to see what server they come from and possibly whitelist it, but who knows what pandora box that may open. :eek: I would be interested in your thoughts though (Direct message me so it doesn't get bogged down here). Always enjoy hearing another person's thoughts as long as it is talked about in an intelligent manner. ;)

For the sake of "completeness".....I figure out the issue and just got an ad. Windows Notifications for Brave were turned off. :oops:

Edit: I also apologize to @thelonelycoder as I assumed it was Diversion doing such a fantastic job that it couldn't be user error.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!