What's new

aout merlin384.6.0 firmware something advices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Exia

New Around Here
First of all,thank you very muck for your contributions over the years.
I am s user in Taiwan,the model used is RT-AC88U
In Merlin 384.6.0 version,Removed WTFAST functionality
WTFAST is support for RT-AC88U RT-AC86U RT-AC5300 GT-AC5300
But they are "Gaming Router"...
So ,i don't think should be removed the WTFAST functionality

Sorry, the English is not good, I hope you can understand it.
I look forward to being able to add back at the next update.....Please

by the way in China
koolshare merlin Firmware Have a plugin area
Can you refer to it? It is a good idea.

this link is koolsharemerlin firmware
http://firmware.koolshare.cn/

Whether it can support this model of GT-AC5300 later??

Thank you for your hard work.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/b...-ac88u-rt-ac3100-rt-ac5300.47963/#post-419828
I didn't "remove" WTFast. If you read the changelog carefully, it wasn't even working to begin with. WTFast crashes when you started it with the firmware using a newer Curl version than the prehistoric version used by Asus. Which means WTFast hasn't worked in my firmware for close to two years now... I simply removed a feature that wasn't working at all.

Either get Asus to fix their code to work with newer Curl versions, or switch to the stock firmware. There's nothing I can do about it, WTFast is closed source.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-read-me-first-before-posting-a-question.47153/#post-411096
Q: Will you support the GT-AC5300?
A: No, because of infrequent GPL releases from Asus (mandatory for proper support by Asuswrt-Merlin), the amount of work involved in supporting this specific model, and its low popularity due to its high price.

Sorry!
From the changelog:
WTFast support was removed from the RT-AC88U, RT-AC3100 and RT-AC5300, as the precompiled components are incompatible with modern versions of curl (wtfast would crash at start on these models). Only Asus/WTFast can fix this.
You need WtFast, stick with Asus Official .

by the way in China
koolshare merlin Firmware Have a plugin area
Can you refer to it? It is a good idea.

That project is illegal and a violation of various licences. They do not publish their source code either, so nobody knows how/what they do with those plugins.

That project is illegal and a violation of various licences. They do not publish their source code either, so nobody knows how/what they do with those plugins.
No, I mean, can open a plugin area on the left side, but it is a blank plug-in plugin.

854323491f4c9b1d5899deb2705c992d.jpg

No, I mean, can open a plugin area on the left side, but it is a blank plug-in plugin.

854323491f4c9b1d5899deb2705c992d.jpg
Hey! You should probably look somewhere else for help as your version of firmware is not legal nor is it supported. No one here can or will help you. Sorry.