What's new

AP mode admin UI has a red X on it

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

a-seus-am-i

Occasional Visitor
I have an Asus 86u and two 68u's in AP mode. One of the APs has a red X on it when going to the admin page, but it seems to be working fine. Anyone know what this might be? Just a bug? The other 68u doesn't have it.

Untitled.png

I noticed the red X as well when switching between AiMesh and AP mode for my second RT-AC86U....
I quickly changed back to AiMesh.
In AP configuration our Apple mobile devices just wouldn't roam effortlessly between the router and the wired AiMesh node...

Seems to be a bug in the current version, a few of us are seeing it. I can't say why one has it and the other doesn't but my 5300 still has it. I am on 3.0.0.4.384_45149 on all my units.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/what-does-the-red-cross-under-ap-mode-mean.50299

I have the red x, too. I have a main RT-AC88U, and two RT-AC86U running as APs. I had the red x on just one of them, which was on 45149 firmware, but not the other that was on an older firmware. Then I updated the other to 45149, now it has the red x, too.

But, no problems at all in Internet access.

A search brought me to this post. Looks like it's just an insignificant bug. Annoying, but I'll soon forget it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online