What's new

Apple Devices and AiMesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Psu2ski32

Occasional Visitor
Hi All- Curious if anyone else has faced similar problems. I run an AiMesh network with a couple AC5300s and AC3100s in my home. I have tried various different firmware versions (both ASUS stock and Merlin) and still have same problem. Curious if there is a setting I am missing or something. Essentially on apple devices, it seems my connection intermittently drops. I notice it most when on FaceTime calls (various devices including iphone, ipad, and mac). I have tried to turn off the private mac setting on iOS devices, but no dice. Most notable on calls (Facetime with video and audio, just audio, and the Audio via WiFi) If I restart device, it will start to work fine and then problem recreates itself.

Curious if others have experienced this? If so, any recommendations to fix?

Hi All- Curious if anyone else has faced similar problems. I run an AiMesh network with a couple AC5300s and AC3100s in my home. I have tried various different firmware versions (both ASUS stock and Merlin) and still have same problem. Curious if there is a setting I am missing or something. Essentially on apple devices, it seems my connection intermittently drops. I notice it most when on FaceTime calls (various devices including iphone, ipad, and mac). I have tried to turn off the private mac setting on iOS devices, but no dice. Most notable on calls (Facetime with video and audio, just audio, and the Audio via WiFi) If I restart device, it will start to work fine and then problem recreates itself.

Curious if others have experienced this? If so, any recommendations to fix?
I assume 5G band (not mentioned) but if you pegged it (Apple products) on the 3rd radio (High Band) change it to the lower 5G band radio.

Under "Wireless" tab >"Professional" > Try changing DTIM Interval to 3 (recommended for Apple products)

Then experiment with "Modulation Scheme" , try lowering by 1 setting.

EDIT: also try 2307 for RTS Threshold,

Explanations at 2.8, 2.9, 2.10:

My 5G band settings for AX86:

5G Pro Settings 1.7.2022.JPG5G General Settings 1.7.2022.JPG

Last edited: