What's new

AppleAirplay not working via EA-N66 AccessPoint

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jimag

New Around Here
Dear friends,

I had recently bought the famous AP: EA-N66 from Asus in the idea to build up a livingroom WLAN in extension to the home WLAN around a Cisco Lynksys router.

The EA-N66 is set in Repeter mode, generating a new WLAN in the livingroom with a SSID different from the one of the main router.

Internet works ... fabulous I would say, but when it comes to my iPad to communicate to the Apple TV in the same room, both registered in the same WLAN generated by EA-N66, it just does not see the Apple TV! Even both iPad and Apple TV are responding to "ping" requests generated by a laptop in the same room/same WLAN.

I have to mention that AirPlay work just fine when I register the iPad and Apple TV into the main router WLAN but they do not see each-other when connected to EA-N66 local WLAN.

Should this be a normal behaviour from the Asus AP ? IS it normal that 2 ecquipment in the same local WLAN not to see each-other when is about a repeater?
Cause I did not find any relevant seting like firewall, port forwarding, etc .... where to deactivate soem posibl filtering on the ports/protocols used by Apple for AirPlay.

Any idea would be welcomed! :)

Many thaks!
jimag

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!