What's new

Application "discovery" not working over Wireless - RT-AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Matthew Linsemier

New Around Here
All,

To be honest I am not exactly sure when the issue started, but as of at least the last two firmware upgrades (and the current 7378 beta) I am unable to get any type of discovery to work over the 2.4Ghz band. It may stretch to the 5Ghz band as well, but I am unsure.

Examples:
  • Cannon Printer Discovery
  • AirPrint
  • Harmony Remote Discovery
  • Apex Fish Automation discovery
Finding an AirPrint printer worked from my iPad without issue as well did the Cannon printer installation tools at one point, but no longer work now. I cannot get the Harmony iOS app to find the Harmony Hub. No other changes have been made to the network other than the firmware upgrades to the router.

I have went through the motions of a restart as well as disabling things like AI Protection, but I am at my wits end. I know that this all worked at one point and then it stopped, I just didn't pay any mind to it at that point for whatever reason.

I had thoughts about trying Merlin's firmware anyways, but I wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone had any ideas that I had missed.

-Matt

I've been looking for a fix for nearly a year now. Disabling the airtime fairness fixed the discovery issue with my canon printer & my lifx lights. Will report this issue through the router. TY!

Amazing. Even the ASUS Device Discovery utility couldn't find the ASUS routers with Airtime Fairness enabled. Bug!