What's new

Are addons still updating?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gjf

Hi All.

Just curious: are addons still updating?
A few months ago I've seen minor updates almost every week (and sometimes not minor also).
Now I don't see any quite long.
Or it is my only issue?
Screenshot 2021-10-09 145551.jpg

It got quiet once Jack took a sabbatical.

Many addons are now mature enough that weekly updates are unwarranted. And the firmware hasn’t changed too much to impact those that are still actively developed. And other devs haven’t been heard from in a while.

Are you waiting for any particular features or fixes?

No I am pretty happy with everything!
Just checking. There are known problems with Github access with Skynet installed (have to whitelist it) - so I am just checking is everything OK or not (maybe Skynet blocks addon update process).
If it is the same for everybody - case is closed and thank you for a prompt reply.

No I am pretty happy with everything!
Just checking. There are known problems with Github access with Skynet installed (have to whitelist it) - so I am just checking is everything OK or not (maybe Skynet blocks addon update process).
If it is the same for everybody - case is closed and thank you for a prompt reply.
I am surprised to hear that there may still be ongoing issues with access to Github with Skynet installed: there actually was a (now rare) specific update to Skynet a couple weeks ago that was meant to fix that. Odd...did you install that one?

It got quiet once Jack took a sabbatical.

Many addons are now mature enough that weekly updates are unwarranted. And the firmware hasn’t changed too much to impact those that are still actively developed. And other devs haven’t been heard from in a while.

Are you waiting for any particular features or fixes?
Skins, we need skins.

I am surprised to hear that there may still be ongoing issues with access to Github with Skynet installed: there actually was a (now rare) specific update to Skynet a couple weeks ago that was meant to fix that. Odd...did you install that one?
Yes but whatever.
I simply have to update whitelist rules in Skynet every time I cannot connect to github.
It is not often - but it happens.

When I read this my mind went to the days of WinAMP and the skins you could put on it. Good ol days.....
and it's now 2021 and we are stuck with a squashed grey tone thing.

and it's now 2021 and we are stuck with a squashed grey tone thing.
The UI is consistent. It would be a visual mess if we were to add individual themes for addons pages.

The UI is consistent. It would be a visual mess if we were to add individual themes for addons pages.
I'm sure a man of your skills could make it look beautiful. I tried, downloading the html code for the main page and messing about with it, it didn't go well, so I gave up.

I'm sure a man of your skills could make it look beautiful. I tried, downloading the html code for the main page and messing about with it, it didn't go well, so I gave up.
The Diversion tab layout is already modified from what Asus delivers. As I'm sure all other scriptwriters do. It's just not obviously visible as I strictly kept with the overall theme.
The diversion.css is only about 500 lines, with a considerable amount of !important instructions to override firmware default values.
As stated before, I do no longer like to work with html/css/js but you got to do what you have to to please the users.
However, I did use some modest color variants to resemble the standard SSH UI theme in Diversion.

I think that is where it should end. There's pretty colors to be had in other add-ons like the pie charts in uiDivStats by @Jack Yaz (on a well earned hiatus ATM) ;)

The Diversion tab layout is already modified from what Asus delivers. As I'm sure all other scriptwriters do. It's just not obviously visible as I strictly kept with the overall theme.
The diversion.css is only about 500 lines, with a considerable amount of !important instructions to override firmware default values.
As stated before, I do no longer like to work with html/css/js but you got to do what you have to to please the users.
However, I did use some modest color variants to resemble the standard SSH UI theme in Diversion.

I think that is where it should end. There's pretty colors to be had in other add-ons like the pie charts in uiDivStats by @Jack Yaz (on a well earned hiatus ATM) ;)
Functionality is WAY more important!

Last edited:
Functionality is WAY more important!
I agree 100%, the default is bearable anyway, just u know, in a perfect world and all that..