What's new

Are there any features to limit the choice of WiFi channels?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

anguschang007

Occasional Visitor
I am facing the problem because my router is bought from the US and the Macbook Pro's WiFi country code is HK. And the WiFi 6E is not available in HK for full frequency band ranging from 5.925 GHz to 7.125 GHz. We are only available to use 5.925 – 6.425 GHz. Due to this reason, I have to manually choose the channel, can't use the auto! So any idea that I can limit the auto function for choosing the channel?

I am facing the problem because my router is bought from the US

What make and model of router?

So any idea that I can limit the auto function for choosing the channel?

On Merlin firmware and AsusWRT, if you manually set the channel, that's it, it is off "auto" and set to that channel.

Your Macbook Pro has a good wifi adapter in it, you should be able to find a good 5ghz channel that is not crowded (depending on where you are, a clear 2.4ghz channel will be more difficult.)

What make and model of router?
AXE11000

The 5Ghz is no any issue. Just the 6Ghz, and the following is the available channels in HK:

1 (6GHz), 5 (6GHz), 9 (6GHz), 13 (6GHz), 17 (6GHz), 21 (6GHz), 25 (6GHz), 29 (6GHz), 33 (6GHz), 37 (6GHz), 41 (6GHz), 45 (6GHz), 49 (6GHz), 53 (6GHz), 57 (6GHz), 61 (6GHz), 65 (6GHz), 69 (6GHz), 73 (6GHz), 77 (6GHz), 81 (6GHz), 85 (6GHz), 89 (6GHz), 93 (6GHz)

However, if using the auto mode, the router will usually choose the channel above 93!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!