What's new

Arris’ Broadband Gateway Protected By McAfee Now Available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
arris-logo.jpg
The Arris SURFboard SBG7580-AC Wireless Gateway, combines a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem, AC1750 class Wi-Fi router with 4-port gigabit Ethernet switch and McAfee-powered security engine.

The McAfee security engine, called the Arris Secure Home Internet by McAfee, was designed to help deal with the growing number of IoT devices popping up in homes and residences. And similar to other devices on the market, security features are managed using the Secure Home Internet app, which also includes up-to-date monitoring and parental security settings.

The Wi-Fi router supports maximum link rates of 450 Mbps in 2.4 GHz and 1300 Mbps in 5 GHz and the 32x8 DOCSIS 3.0 modem supports a maximum download rate of 1.4 Gbps, that also serves up wireless link rates up to 1.75 Gbps.

Compatible with XFINITY by Comcast, Cox, Charter and other internet providing services, the Arris SBG7580-AC is now available exclusively at Best Buy.com.
arris-sbg7580-ac-2.jpg

32x8 DOCSIS 3.0 modem means this is Intel Puma 6 so avoid at all costs.

Broadcom did not make a DOCSIS 3.0 32x8 modem.

32x8 DOCSIS 3.0 modem means this is Intel Puma 6 so avoid at all costs.
This is so blown out of proportion that it's ridiculous. I have a puma 6 sb6190 that I got at best buy. It's clean as a whistle on dslreports puma 6 test and runs 150/25 all day without a problem.

This is so blown out of proportion that it's ridiculous. I have a puma 6 sb6190 that I got at best buy. It's clean as a whistle on dslreports puma 6 test and runs 150/25 all day without a problem.

Well with the latest V firmware the test does better but the latency and jitter are still there. All Arris did was make the test look better kinda like VW made emissions tests pass. Under the hood still sucks compared to Broadcom based modems.

There is also the DoS issue and that has not yet been fixed and it is starting to look like it will not be.

Last edited:
Well with the latest V firmware the test does better but the latency and jitter are still there. All Arris did was make the test look better kinda like VW made emissions tests pass. Under the hood still sucks compared to Broadcom based modems.

There is also the DoS issue and that has not yet been fixed and it is starting to look like it will not be.

Perfect summary.

List of effected devices http://badmodems.com/Forum/app.php/badmodems

All info on issue http://badmodems.com/

Reactions: Jag