What's new

As close to ideal as possible involving the WNDR3700

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sxr71

New Around Here
I have a setup where I have a home server and a desktop and several laptops. Both the home server and the desktop are located away from my internet connection.

Currently I use both a DIR-655 and 2 Netgear WNHDE111 Wireless N 5GHz ap/bridge in my network. I use the DIR-655 to supply 2.4Ghz wireless G only. It supplies the iPods, Squeezeboxes and one older laptop. I use the WNHDE111 to supply the other WNHDE111 (which supplies my server and desktop) and also to supply one wireless-N capable laptop. This unit operates ONLY at 5Ghz.

After reading the review I realized that I could get a WNDR3700 and keep the laptop on the 2.4GHz wireless N network and put one WNHDE111 on the 5Ghz and optimize it for video. Then I would keep the DIR-655 to supply only 2.4Ghz G only as it currently.

I think this would help the speed of transfers from the N capable laptop to the server. I guess it would keep a cleaner 5Ghz band around here.

Ideally I would use both my WNHDE111 units as bridges to the WNDR3700 and then team their throughputs into a simple switch or router. Is that even possible? Is this a reasonable approach?

Ideally I would use both my WNHDE111 units as bridges to the WNDR3700 and then team their throughputs into a simple switch or router. Is that even possible? Is this a reasonable approach?
No.

If you connect the two WNHDE111's into a switch, you'll just create a loop and a network storm that will tie up your network. There is no simple way to team two wireless connections.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!