What's new

Assign WAN-Port to LAN?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

geko53

Regular Contributor
Hi folks,

do I have any opportunity to assign the WAN-port of my RT-N66U to LAN with Merlin's builds? I didn't find a corresponding entry in the web GUI (like it is provided in DD-WRT builds, eg.).

I do not use the WAN port as I am connected via 3G to internet, therefore if woulkd be a nice feature to gain another LAN port by switching WAN to LAN.

Glad about any answer... :)

Ciao
Gerald

Hi folks,

do I have any opportunity to assign the WAN-port of my RT-N66U to LAN with Merlin's builds? I didn't find a corresponding entry in the web GUI (like it is provided in DD-WRT builds, eg.).

I do not use the WAN port as I am connected via 3G to internet, therefore if woulkd be a nice feature to gain another LAN port by switching WAN to LAN.

Glad about any answer... :)

Ciao
Gerald

Not possible, and would require rewriting a lot of the FW code to implement, so unlikely to ever be implemented. The WAN port is a separate network interface, unlike the four LAN ports which are actually one single four ports switch.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!