What's new

Assistance required - Guest Access on new Wireless Network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

manzaboy

New Around Here
Hi, First post so be gentle!

I am just trying to setup a new wireless network for scratch for a Charity.
They lease their building out so want to provide guest access for visitors to just access the Internet and not the local network.

I was looking at a setup which uses a new ADSL modem router and then gigabit cat 5e out to a gigabit switch which branches off with further cat5e to 2 other routers setup as wireless access points in different parts of the building.

I was trying to avoid multiple SSID's or doubling up on the access points and the ADSL routers I was looking at appear to support Guest Access however I am dubious as to whether this would work through the access points?

The ADSL modem router I was considering was the ASUS DSL-N66U (supports Guest access or multiple SSID's) and then using Buffalo AirStation 1300 as Wireless AP's.
Happy to consider alternative hardware if suggested. The requirements are Dual Band N class with gigabit ports.

Anyone offer any advice on the guest access?