What's new

Astound\RCN User Tested Modems 2022

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RangerZ

Regular Contributor
Astound\RCN does not specifically cite any make\model of modem as approved, but rather make some blanket statements here: https://www.astound.com/support/internet/bring-your-own-modem/. The Motorola MB8600 is the exception and noted as problematic.

Approved Modem List (.com) does not list the SB8600, but does indicates a number of devices with an Intel Puma Chipset that should not be used. Pick My Modem (.com) seems to contradict some of the picks. The DSLReports RCN BYOM page appears to be a decade old.

We have a relatively slow service (200\50 or so) and plan to maintain this. We recently tried to provision 2 different Arris SB6183 devices and neither would provision (per the tech on site). Yes, I know the limitations, but they should be satisfactory for our services and on the ApproveModemList selection.

So at this point I am looking to the community to offer up what BYOM modem you have that actually works (or does not work) on Astound\RCN for any service level. Please include your city\state as I think it's possible that market\geography may impact usability.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!