What's new

Asus 2*XT12 or 3*XT8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thanos87

New Around Here
Hello.I am trying to understand what is more effective on a daisy chain system

Which of the below hypothetically scenarios is better for the end client? let's for the sake of argument, assume that we are standing in an completely open field with no interruptions

1)ASUS 2*XT12 scenario

modem connected through ethernet with the first node, then a second node(satellite) is placed 40 feet away THEN another 40 feet away stands the client

2)ASUS 3*XT8 scenario

modem connected through ethernet with the first node, then a second node(satellite) is placed 40 feet away THEN a third node(2nd satellite) another 40 feet away and next to it(0,5 feet) stands the client

So basically, with no interruptions in between them in a 40 feet away scenario from the satellite node

is it better for the client to stand next to a xt8 node(2nd sat) which is not connected to the primary xt8 node BUT daisy chained to another xt8 node which in place is daisy chained to the primary xt8 node

OR

is it better for the client to connect at the xt12 sat node which is 40 feet away BUT is directly connected to the primary xt12 ??

Of course I can purchase a 3rd XT12 node show do not hesitate to recommend that I was just asking to understand if it would be an overkill

Sincerely, hope that I haven't mind puzzled you!

Hello.I am trying to understand what is more effective on a daisy chain system

Which of the below hypothetically scenarios is better for the end client? let's for the sake of argument, assume that we are standing in an completely open field with no interruptions

1)ASUS 2*XT12 scenario

modem connected through ethernet with the first node, then a second node(satellite) is placed 40 feet away THEN another 40 feet away stands the client

2)ASUS 3*XT8 scenario

modem connected through ethernet with the first node, then a second node(satellite) is placed 40 feet away THEN a third node(2nd satellite) another 40 feet away and next to it(0,5 feet) stands the client

So basically, with no interruptions in between them in a 40 feet away scenario from the satellite node

is it better for the client to stand next to a xt8 node(2nd sat) which is not connected to the primary xt8 node BUT daisy chained to another xt8 node which in place is daisy chained to the primary xt8 node

OR

is it better for the client to connect at the xt12 sat node which is 40 feet away BUT is directly connected to the primary xt12 ??

Of course I can purchase a 3rd XT12 node show do not hesitate to recommend that I was just asking to understand if it would be an overkill

Sincerely, hope that I haven't mind puzzled you!

What's best:
o wired backhaul
o dedicated wireless backhaul not shared with/compromised by client connections
o minimal number of hops in wired/wireless backhaul
o no or minimal daisy-chaining (2 max, if you dare)
o no more radio than is necessary to cover the space... 3 APs just 40 feet apart may appear as one uncertain choice to a client at distance... no telling where it will decide to connect

Adding nodes should be your last option.

Check the client connection details on the client to know its connection link rate Mbps at various distance. When it connects to the router, you can find client connection detail in the Wireless Log.

OE

Last edited:
What's best:
o wired backhaul
o dedicated wireless backhaul not shared with/compromised by client connections
o minimal number of hops in wired/wireless backhaul
o no or minimal daisy-chaining (2 max, if you dare)
o no more radio than is necessary to cover the space... 3 APs just 40 feet apart may appear as one uncertain choice to a client at distance... no telling where it will decide to connect

Adding nodes should be your last option.

Check the client connection details on the client to know its connection link rate Mbps at various distance. When it connects to the router, you can find client connection detail in the Wireless Log.

OE
Thank you I pulled the plug on a pair of XT12's so will see IF a 3rd is needed

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!