What's new

Asus 3100 connecting to Node not main router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Island

Regular Contributor
Morning all. Just wanted some clarification. I have a Mesh network with 4 Asus router in my home. I have one AX86U as my main router, a second AX86U, AC86U and 3100 as nodes. I have always had all 3 nodes connecting directly to the main router when I view the mesh topology in the Asus browser. The 86U nodes are connected via Ethernet and the 3100 is connected via it's 5GHZ channel as I do not have a ethernet drop to where it is located.

All firmware is updated using Asus's firmware, not Merlin. I have always had the nodes connecting to the main router but the 3100 is now connected to the AC86U which is located in my Garage. It is closer to the 3100 as my Main router is upstairs. I always had my nodes connecting to the main router before, so I am wondering why the 3100 is now connecting to a Node? I rebooted both the 3100 and main router but it still connects to the 86U node in the garage. Is this normal behavior or should I delete the 3100 node and add it again? thanks fellas!

Edit-Figured it out. Rebooted the 86U in the garage and now all 3 nodes are connecting back to the main router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!