What's new

ASUS 4G-AC68U loosing internet connection when change settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

l080

New Around Here
Hi there,

I recently bought a used ASUS 4G-AC68U for my homelab. I been playing with this router for a couple of days, and I'm encountering some issues/weird behavior. So I was wondering if this is related to this model or the router is broken.

1st) Loosing connection when connected to 5GHz wifi.

In the log file, I noticed a lot of repeated messages all related to the same MAC address:
Code:
Mar 10 09:51:12 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(500): eth2: Auth XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX, status: Successful (0)
Mar 10 09:51:12 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(529): eth2: Assoc XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX, status: Successful (0)
Mar 10 09:51:15 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(466): eth2: Deauth_ind XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX, status: 0, reason: Disassociated due to inactivity (4)

This did not occur when I connected my PC to 2.4GHz. I did read on some forum that if I change the "Control Channel" settings from auto to some other channel, it should help. So it did help, but my question is why? I had a few cheap routers and I never had to do anything like that.

2nd) Almost every change to the router settings results in a dropped connection to my main router from the ISP (routers are connected together by wire).

e.g.
I'm playing with assigning static IP (DHCP) to devices in my network. Every single time when I change settings and press "Apply", the router updates the new settings and then loses internet connection. The router must be restarted in order for me to regain internet access.

Is it normal behavior for this model? I'm getting tired of fighting with this router. I bought this model instead of RT-AC68U because I needed 4G as an alternative internet access for my homelab.

Thanks!