What's new

Asus 5300 password help....

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

houghton19

Regular Contributor
hey everyone, Im going to assume that my answer is going to be a big fat no......

ive somehow been locked out of my asus. I can connect and browse, however i cant login to the router to change any settings, i have tried doing a factory reset and loading a previous CFG file and it still does the same.

Im 99% sure i know what the password is but its not working.

I logged into the router earlier today as i was trying to setup a new 5G router to it, I couldnt get it to work so reverted to previous settings so everyone can still use the internet. Now i have no access into it. however I also dont have any of my port forwarding written down so i could do with just being able to log in without starting again.

any help please....... Thanks.

Im running asus rwt.

Was your password longer than 16 alphanumeric characters with no punctuation, no spaces, no special characters, and no smiley faces?

If it was, try using just the first 16 to see if it will let you log in.

Did/do you have ssh enabled? Does that allow you to log in?

Does a reboot help?

Does using a different browser help?

Does leaving the router powered off and disconnecting all cables for at least 5 minutes and then booting up help?

I hope others have some suggestions, but if the above doesn't work, I think a full reset is required.

no special characters Just alpha digits.

Not sure about ssh

reboot didn’t help. Even done a factory reset and loaded an old configuration file and that is the same.

haven’t tried leaving disconnected for 5 minutes. Will try tomorrow.

thanks for your reply.

Do you know which firmware that 'old configuration file' was made with? Ideally, you will need to flash the router to that version, do a full reset to factory defaults/Initialize all settings and then import that old config file. ;)

Do you know which firmware that 'old configuration file' was made with? Ideally, you will need to flash the router to that version, do a full reset to factory defaults/Initialize all settings and then import that old config file. ;)

Nope. And obviously no way of finding out now either. Boooooooo.

Well i think we can close this thread. luckily i had a list of my port forwarding on my laptop, restore and re setup within about 20 minutes so not bad. thanks anyway.