What's new

Asus 68u repeater mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ganja24

Occasional Visitor
I have my ASUS 68u in repeater mode, my Mac can connect through wifi and LAN port to internet, my iPhone doesn’t it display’s “no internet connection”. Why can’t my iPhone connect?

Last edited:
How come my Mac is able to connect? I don’t see option to change channel on ASUS 68u when in repeater mode.
sorry overseen repeater mode.

And it can connect on parent-router?

Delete connection and create a new one, try with different SSID and simple password (only characters and decimals).

I have my ASUS 68u in repeater mode, my Mac can connect through wifi and LAN port to internet, my iPhone doesn’t it display’s “no internet connection”. Why can’t my iPhone connect?

Have you tried forgetting and remaking the WiFi connection?

In repeater mode, I believe you would have to change channels at the router, which are then repeated at the repeater.

Does the iPhone connect at the router ok?

OE

sorry overseen repeater mode.

And it can connect on parent-router?

Delete connection and create a new one, try with different SSID and simple password (only characters and decimals).

Yes iPhone can connect to main router not repeater, tried new SSID. It’s not getting IP address

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried forgetting and remaking the WiFi connection?

In repeater mode, I believe you would have to change channels at the router, which are then repeated at the repeater.

Does the iPhone connect at the router ok?

OE

Yes I have tried changing channels on main router

On repeater iPhone get bogus ip starting with 169.xxx

Google "iPhone get bogus ip starting with 169.xxx".

OE

Parent AP is a Bell Hub 3000 and Repeater RT-AC68U, iOS devices can't get wifi internet but my Mac can get lan and wifi through repeater. Any other setting recommended so my iOS devices can get internet through repeater?

I tried to connect my Samsung tv to Asus 68u repeater and it failed. Maybe my Mac is connecting through Lan and wifi because I configured my Asus router on it. As of now repeater doesn’t work over wifi.

Got it working, I downgraded Asus firmware

Seems to be a good fix these days. What are the before and after firmware versions so others will know?

OE

Seems to be a good fix these days. What are the before and after firmware versions so others will know?

OE

Spoke to soon, it worked for couple hours then dropped connection, back to square one. Thinking about selling this 68u router.

I have two AC68U's (one as a repeater) and it's pretty darn stable. My Macbook Air and iPad Pro are connected to the repeater. Is your connection dropping on the 5GHz or 2.4GHz band? Try turning off Airtime Fairness and Enable WMM APSD to see if that helps.

Edit: Just seen that you are running a different primary router. What do you have the channel bandwidth set to in the primary router?

Last edited:
Screen shots of channels on Parent router and Asus repeater

Attachments

• 2018-09-13_00-09-06.png
    2018-09-13_00-09-06.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 530
  • 2018-09-13_00-11-47.png
    2018-09-13_00-11-47.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 515
Last edited:
I don’t see channel bandwidth option on the Bell hub 3000. As per attached screen shots I noticed Asus repeater is running on channels 8 and 44 and parent router is on 11 and 44. Also can’t find option to change channels on Asus when in repeater mode.

Update , repeater is on channels 4 and 44 and parent router is on 11 and 149. Shouldn't the repeater be following on the same channels? maybe this is why I keep loosing connection.

Update , repeater is on channels 4 and 44 and parent router is on 11 and 149. Shouldn't the repeater be following on the same channels? maybe this is why I keep loosing connection.
repeater must be on same channel at least for one band (preferably 5G), otherwise how could it connect to main-router?

Could the repeater be too far away from the router... if radio conditions change and the backhauls drop, and the router is set to auto channels; then the router might move to different channels without the repeater following. So, try moving the repeater closer to the router(?).

OE

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!