What's new

ASUS 86U. External HD or Flash Drive not showing under Network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kev7274

Regular Contributor
I'm using 384.6 on a Win 10 laptop and for some reason I can't see the HD or Flash under "Network" or "Map a Drive" option.

The HD is a 2TB so I thouhgt that may be the issue,but then I used a 32gb flash and it does the same thing. The webpage shows the HD or Flash,but thats it.

I tripled checked settings and permissions and even did a reboot,but nothing. Not sure what else to do. Ideas/suggestions?

That's because Microsoft has disabled SMB v1 in Windows 10. Search the forums (or the internet) for more information as this has been discussed a lot.

Even if I have SMB v1 on in Win 10? I cant even try to map it because I cant find the router under network using the ip address.

Last edited:
On the router's Samba configuration try changing the Samba protocol version from SMBv1+SMBv2 to SMBv1 (or vice versa).

Turning off SMBv1 in Win 10 and using only SMBv2 on the router seemed to work. I can actually create a network location to the shared files on the flash drive. I tried to get the 2TB Hard Drive to work,but I always got errors and I couldn't map to that drive. I'll use it for other purposes,so no big deal. Thanks for the help.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!