1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Asus AC-5300 Port Forwarding

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Kaz Zboray, Oct 11, 2018 at 2:11 PM.

1. Kaz Zboray

Kaz Zboray New Around Here

AC-5300 348.7

I have enabled Virtual Server / Port forwarding and added a rule for:

Service Name | Sorce IP | Port Range | Local IP | Local Port
    Device Name | WWW.whatsmyip.com| 8880 | 172.16.4.4 | 8880 | TCP

and yet when I try to access this device remotely it isn't available on port 8880. An external port scan also shows that port 8880 is not open. I am having this problem with two AC-5300 in different homes. One on Comcast and the other on ATT. Port forwarding is either not working or I am missing a step.

Suggestions welcome.

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. JDB

JDB Very Senior Member

Can you screenshot what you’ve actually put?

A url is not valid.

The source IP should be blank unless you want to limit the places you can use this port from on the Internet - ie it should not be your own WAN IP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!