What's new

Asus AC-88U Router problem as a Repeater

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JordanLCN

New Around Here
This took a whole day to fix. So I'm posting it here since this forum pointed me to the right direction

So the issues is that where I live when you get a home fiber or cable connection from any provider they give you a device as a modem/router combination. They will not give you just a modem device. So I wanted to extend the wireless signal.

So since I had the AC-88U lying around and not being used (from an older inbstallation) I used it as a repeater.

Well using the latest firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.81116 I tried setting it up. But it could never work. I was always getting the error that the password that connects to the Parent AP is wrong.

I tried everything. Well to cut the long story short. I downgraded the the firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.32799 and it worked instantly. I am not sure if this is will be a perfect solution but I will be monitoring it and add to this thread.

Thanks to this forum since it help me understand what was happening, so I hope this post will sort of Pay it forward.

A small update after about an 2 hours of testing it with maxed download (well 50mbps is the best I can do) I didnt have drops while having 5 1080 youtube vids and 2 torrents running for a good 1.5 hours with no drops.

I am happy with this for now.

Oh yeah on a side note if your getting a different IP when your Router is in Repeater mode that means the DHCP Server on the router turned on because it lost connection to the Parent AP. Not Ideal but I think its a workaround so that you can still access the device.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!