What's new

Asus AC1900 / AC3200 WAN DHCP connection issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

viento

New Around Here
Hey all--new here and this forum seems like a great resource. I can't find quite what I'm looking for so hopefully somebody can help me out.

First off, comcast is my ISP and I'm using an Arris TM722G modem.

I've had this issue with 2 separate AC1900 (Tmobile rebrand) routers and also with the AC3200 that I just bought today. Basically the router "loses" its WAN connection. I can still connect devices to it, but there's no internet connection. In all cases, my laptop ethernet works just fine when I plug into the cable modem directly. My first AC1900 worked fine for a year until it crapped out (or so I thought). My 2nd copy only worked for 2 months before it started showing the same symptoms. I finally decided to buy an AC3200 and it had the same exact problem within half an hour of plugging it in.

The symptoms:
  • In the network map section, sometimes I see a real WAN IP address. Other times, I see "your internet provider's DHCP connection is not working" or something to that effect.
  • Internet connection type detection doesn't work
  • Network Tools -> ping/traceroute don't work. Nothing at all is displayed in the text box
I've had the same vanilla comcast for years and I've never needed to do anything special for a router to work. This is sort of driving me crazy. Any ideas? I'm almost wondering if I should replace the cable modem itself but it clearly works fine with my laptop. Thanks again.

Edit: last night I plugged in my AC1900 and it worked normally. Still no idea what's going on.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!