What's new

Asus ac1900 and Tp link c7

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Magic_The

New Around Here
So i have netgear ac1900 and the router is pretty stable with stock firmware, i heard that asus ac1900 is also pretty good, the question is: it is a waste of money to buy another ac router such as asus ac 1900? andd how about tp link c7 ?this router is cheaper and best selling on amazon, what do you guys thinking?

Thanks.

buying another 3x3 ac router would be a waste, if your looking for an upgrade then a 4x4 router would be the way to go. Even without any MU-MIMO devices the 4x4 Antenna design makes a big difference in range/performance.

I only saw minimal improvements in range/performance when comparing a 3x3 router to a 4x4 router.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/side-by-side-68u-vs-3100.35994/

The Asus AC1900P from Best Buy is the sweet spot for Asus 1900 class because it has the upgraded cpu running at 1.4 Ghz (same speed as the 88U/3100).
I saw a big difference using a TP-Link C3150 (4x4) compared to my old Asus 1900P. I also had the C3100, and the C3100 and 1900P had the same range/performance. So not all 4x4 designs are created equally.

I saw a big difference using a TP-Link C3150 (4x4) compared to my old Asus 1900P. I also had the C3100, and the C3100 and 1900P had the same range/performance. So not all 4x4 designs are created equally.

Please tell more about differences in wifi terms (in your case) of course, the difference between them is mega megabytes or tens of megabytes? (speed up and down) thanks.

I'm
Please tell more about differences in wifi terms (in your case) of course, the difference between them is mega megabytes or tens of megabytes? (speed up and down) thanks.
I'm on a gigabit package with my ISP. Wired I pull 945megabytes/s down through the TP-Link and the Asus. Wireless with the TP-Link I can pull 800megabytes/s down, with the Asus the highest I would get is 650ish megabytes/s down in the same location. Also from further areas the TP-Link pulls 400megabytes/s down, the Asus would be around 230megabytes/s down. I ended up returning the Asus C3100 since the TP-Link C3150 offered much better performance. Both Routers were in the same location, and used the same wireless channels/settings during my testing.
I used speediest.net for all the tests and ran the test multiple times over the course of a week with each router. Also both routers were in Access Point Mode as I use pfsense as my firewall.

I'm

I'm on a gigabit package with my ISP. Wired I pull 945megabytes/s down through the TP-Link and the Asus. Wireless with the TP-Link I can pull 800megabytes/s down, with the Asus the highest I would get is 650ish megabytes/s down in the same location. Also from further areas the TP-Link pulls 400megabytes/s down, the Asus would be around 230megabytes/s down. I ended up returning the Asus C3100 since the TP-Link C3150 offered much better performance. Both Routers were in the same location, and used the same wireless channels/settings during my testing.
I used speediest.net for all the tests and ran the test multiple times over the course of a week with each router. Also both routers were in Access Point Mode as I use pfsense as my firewall.

Thanks pal.