What's new

ASUS AC3100 Clients Name list question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jqs

New Around Here
Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I'm a long time Asus router user. I'm currently on AC3200. However, I would like to add another router to extend the WIFI coverage at my home. So I purchased a new AC3100 and plan to use this as a main router that connects to my modem and place AC3200 on second floor with ethernet cable and set it as AP.

After I installed AC3100 and upgraded to the latest 3.0.0.4.382_15852. I noticed that under Network Map, Clients list, in the Clients Name column, about 2/3 of clients are shown with their MAC address and the other 1/3 clients are shown with a name, such as Google Nexus 5x, MyQ etc. This is very confusing. I remember on AC3200, all clients names are shown as actual default name of that device, not their MAC address under Clients Name column. Why AC3100 displays in such a wield way? I know I can manually edit these client names. But with 30+ clients connected, it is so inconvenient to do that.

Is there any way to have the client name display the default device name instead of the MAC address? Actually there is a MAC address column that shows MAC address。

Thanks so much.

Think its a bug in the new code but you can name the device what ever you choose even have a icon for it.

Jim769, thanks for your quick reply. I know I can edit the device name, but doing so for 20+ clients is quite a tedious task. :-(

Plus, I have no quick and easy way to find out the client/device just by looking at MAC address. Even I'm willing to manually edit the client name, it may take lots of effort. Does anyone know if there is quick way to find out the device by MAC address?

Thanks.

hey if I recall if your not using the phone app you can disable apps analysis on the adaptive qos page and then on admin/system change authentication method to "http". I haven't fully tested this new version yet but if I'm pretty sure that fixes it. only had my 3100 couple weeks now and been using merlin mostly. just installed 382 again couple hours ago.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online