1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

ASUS AC3100 running OpenVPN issue

Discussion in 'VPN' started by kwool, Feb 19, 2019.

1. kwool

kwool New Around Here

I am running the latest ASUS firmware (sorry, not currently able to get version number). My issue is that both my Android phone and work computer can log into the vpn but only my phone will access and log into my home PC. My work computer will not initiate the connection even though it's connected to the VPN. I used to have the ASUS AC1900 and that would allow me to connect at work successfully and the Android phone couldn't log into the VPN at all, which I was fine with. Is there an OpenVPN setting that could cause this current behavior, allowing both to connect to the VPN and not allow my work PC to connect to my home PC through the VPN?

Just to add, my phone on my work's network, will connect to my VPN and connect to my home PC so it doesn't appear to be a work network issue.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Kevin