1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Asus AC3100 wont assign ip address to printer

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by JamesH, Jun 6, 2020.

1. JamesH

JamesH New Around Here

I connect the printer to the router and I can see mac address in the log but no matter what I use for the printer be it ip4 or ip6 it will not assign an IP address to the printer.

I've tried manually assigning the IP to the mac address and again the router does not detect the printer connected to wifi. Like in the network map there is no printer connected but the log says otherwise.

Also, I bought a new printer because of this issue and it's still persisting. I spent 40min with Canon support with no results. even the support guy was baffled.

I'm hoping maybe someone here understands me and can please help me out.

2. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

What is the printer model number?
    How are you connecting it to the router, Ethernet or WiFi?
    You say it shows up in the log. Post these log entries for us to look at please.