What's new

Asus AC3100 works fine in AiMesh Node mode but not in Router mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mmutoo

New Around Here
Hi all. I am a new member here and I must say I learned a lot by reading Q/As in this forum. So thanks all. Now I have a problem I was hoping someone could help me resolve. I have two ASUS routers, an AC68U and an AC3100. I will post my observations below:
1) When I use the AC3100 as my main router, my wireless connection is totally unstable. I am connected but the ping time is awfully long and my connection is super slow. For example when I ping the default gateway I get 200ms on average while in the normal case I get 2ms.
2) When I use the AC68U in the same setup, everything is normal.
3) When I setup the AC3100 as the main router and add the AC68U as the AiMesh Node, I see the same problem in section 1) above.
4) When I setup the AC68U as the main router and add the AC3100 as the AiMesh Node, everything is normal (even for clients connected to the AiMesh Node AC3100).

So in all of the above I have two separate SSIDs for 2.4 and 5 GHz, also using the latest stock firmware or Merlin produces the same result. QoS is also off in both. Any thoughts on why this might be happening?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!