What's new

ASUS AC3200 - advise

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xKOLDx

Occasional Visitor
Hi Everyone

looking a bit of advise, i have recently upgraded to an asus ac3200 but the wifi isn't the greatest, I'm considering sending it back and buying 2 routers (same brand and model) so i can put the second one upstairs as an AP as i cant mount a proper AP to the ceiling

the reason my wifi is struggling is because all the walls in my home are concrete

could someone advise on a decently priced router

Many thanks

No single router will be able to solve your issue - power output is limited by local regulations, so if a max output can't get through the concrete, you will have to go with multiple access points.

A pair of RT-AC68U or RT-AC66U_B1 would get the job done. You can also look into the various mesh solutions that are currently on the market.

Make sure they really are RT-AC66U_B1, not just RT-AC66U. That one is an older model, with a single core CPU.

The picture in your link is of the old model. No usb3 and it has removable antenna.

Routers arrived today they are the B1 version so i will set these up tonight when im home from work thank you for your suggestions

i have got the new routers installed and they are working perfectly, many thanks for the suggestion :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!