What's new

asus ac5300 client update problem!!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

haddad123

New Around Here
i have asus ac5300 and my problem is : the client list dosent update when a client disconnect from the router
the list only show the new connected client but when someone disconnect he still be on the list but shown as wired .

example : the client list are empty now
1)one client connected (the list show this client normally) (wiredly)
2)another client connected (the list also show this client normally) (wiresslessly)
now i have two clients connected
3)client 2 disconnect (the client list dosent show that this client disconnect insted i see him as wired client)

conclusion : the client list updates correctly only when i enter 192.168.1.1 and refresh it from there

video of my problem :

tried to contact asus suppurt but they cannot find solotion
i tried to put original firmware and Merlin firmware but the same problem still there

*ihave a tplink router that connected as access point (wired connected) but i dont think this is the problem because i tried to disconnect it and thte same problem still there

Please, do not cross-post.

The client list is not a realtime list, it's built by a manual scan process. The router has no way of knowing when a client disconnect, a full rescan is required to determine if any client has gone. The firmware used to regularly do automated refreshes, but then people complained that the scan caused their printers to come out of sleep, so that function was removed.

The only way to get an up-to-date list is to manually do a refresh. This is just the way it works, and not a bug.

Please, do not cross-post.

The client list is not a realtime list, it's built by a manual scan process. The router has no way of knowing when a client disconnect, a full rescan is required to determine if any client has gone. The firmware used to regularly do automated refreshes, but then people complained that the scan caused their printers to come out of sleep, so that function was removed.

The only way to get an up-to-date list is to manually do a refresh. This is just the way it works, and not a bug.

i am ok with that but why with the asus application the update dont work ?
i have to go to the site 192.168.1.1 then update it from there
because when it get to more than 25 clients in the list (not all of them connected) the speed get very slow so i have to update the client so the speed get to normal speed

i am ok with that but why with the asus application the update dont work ?
i have to go to the site 192.168.1.1 then update it from there
because when it get to more than 25 clients in the list (not all of them connected) the speed get very slow so i have to update the client so the speed get to normal speed

I have no idea how that application works, it's developed completely separately from the firmware. It's possible it simply does not ask the router to refresh its list, because that would make it quite difficult to use due the amount of time needed to rebuild the list.

The content of the networkmap list has no relation to your router's speed.

I have no idea how that application works, it's developed completely separately from the firmware. It's possible it simply does not ask the router to refresh its list, because that would make it quite difficult to use due the amount of time needed to rebuild the list.

The content of the networkmap list has no relation to your router's speed.
i will capture another video to show you the speed before and after the refresh

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!