What's new

Asus AC5300 connecting to Gemstone lighting app

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tandtmah

New Around Here
Hello All,
I am running the Merlin firmware (v384.13_0). I have Gemstone lights which are permanent holiday lights installed around my home. The lights are attached to a box with a wifi transmitter/receiver. The included mobile app first allows you to connect to the lights via bluetooth, then you reset the box's wifi settings. Then you can connect to the Gemstone Wifi network that it has within the wifi transmitter/receiver, finally you connect the Gemstone lights to your own 2.4 Ghz wifi network.

The problem I am having is it looks like the app it is connecting to my own wifi fine (via the status messages it is returning), but then an error occurs. I had an installer come and the unit connected fine to his wifi from his van. This means that something in my router is blocking the connection or is not compatible with the unit.

How do I begin troubleshooting this? Is there a log somewhere that shows me the connection attempt and the error that is being reported in my routers system logs? I've looked at the logs there and cannot find any messages that are helpful in anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

disable airtime fairness and try again, maybe this helps, at least worth a try.
or some other features on wifi or like upnp