What's new

Asus ac66u lan only 100mbps

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

joeejo

Occasional Visitor
Asus RT-AC66u Using 378.56

My wired lan is only connecting at 100mbps.

I have tried a new cable and each of the ports on the router with the same result.

Is there a setting in the software to allow 1000mbps connections that I might have missed?

What else can I do to get the correct speed.

I have tested the nic with another router (linksys) and it connects at 1gig without a problem.

Any advice would be appreciated.

What is it connecting to? Have you tried different Cat5e cables or higher?

That was reported to me by one person on my isp forum, he had the same problem on the last beta from Asus with the meo ISP profile.

I recommended Merlin 378_56 to him but now that you report the problem on this to i assume that we need to w8 for Asus or Merlin to find the problem source.

What is it connecting to? Have you tried different Cat5e cables or higher?

Thank you for the reply.
It is connecting to an HP laptop. I HAVE tried different cables, and further, I plugged the laptop into another router (linksys) and it connected at 1 gig, then using the same laptop and the same cable, connected to the Asus and it connected at 100. This, I believe, rules out the cable and nic card as being the issue since they can connect at 1 gig to another router.

That was reported to me by one person on my isp forum, he had the same problem on the last beta from Asus with the meo ISP profile.

I recommended Merlin 378_56 to him but now that you report the problem on this to i assume that we need to w8 for Asus or Merlin to find the problem source.

Is there anything I need to do to further report it to Merlin?

Is there anything I need to do to further report it to Merlin?

It's highly unlikely to be a firmware issue. The switch driver is Broadcom's own code, and no one else has any negotiation issue.

Thank you for the reply.
It is connecting to an HP laptop. I HAVE tried different cables, and further, I plugged the laptop into another router (linksys) and it connected at 1 gig, then using the same laptop and the same cable, connected to the Asus and it connected at 100. This, I believe, rules out the cable and nic card as being the issue since they can connect at 1 gig to another router.

That doesn't rule out the issue. Asus routers can be picky about the quality of the cables you use.

I would at least try another cable and see if you can reset the NIC to defaults too.

That doesn't rule out the issue. Asus routers can be picky about the quality of the cables you use.

I would at least try another cable and see if you can reset the NIC to defaults too.
I agree had the same issue and went to a cat 6 cable and issue solved. 5e Cable fine at my office but not on the ac 66u I have...pulled a new cat 6 cable from the closet and 1 gig appeared

It appears to be working now.

Here is what I did: I installed the Asus latest firmware Version 3.0.0.4.378.9135 to see if the problem still existed. Once I did that the lan connected at 1 gig.

I then reinstalled Rmerlin 378.56 and now it too is connecting at 1gig.

I am not sure why that would make a difference, but it has been working since.

Hope this solution helps someone else.

I have the "same" problem, but on my WAN port.
WAN port says 100Mbit full duplex.
LAN where synology NAS connected 1000Mbit full duplex.
LAN where Apple-TV connected, also 1000 Mbit full duplex.

Also cable issue?

Edit, running ac68u on merlin 55_0.

I have the "same" problem, but on my WAN port.
WAN port says 100Mbit full duplex.
LAN where synology NAS connected 1000Mbit full duplex.
LAN where Apple-TV connected, also 1000 Mbit full duplex.

Also cable issue?

Edit, running ac68u on merlin 55_0.

It might be a cable issue, but most likely it is the most the modem can do (what level of service does your ISP offer you?).

Isp offers more then 100Mbit.
I use cat5e from isp to router, cat5e from router -> switch, cat6 from switch to Apple-Tv and synology NAS.

Cat5e can handle 1000Mbit.

I have the same issue. Wan only showing 100 Full Duplex. Plug modem directly into my computer and bingo 1 Gbps. Plug modem into the router and back down to 100. Worked in the past but downgraded by itself months ago and I cant get it back to 1 Gbps. Cables are Cat 6 and I've tried switching them but nothing works. Modem , ISP speed is fine. It worked fine before like I said so I don't know what the issue is.

maybe the item you are connecting to.my ethernet mother board ether port was set at 1.0gbs but it was slow as molasses .changed the port to 100 mb full duplex and it was faster than 1.gbs. bought new computer. all fine

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!