What's new

ASUS ac66u new merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wlords34

New Around Here
I've recently had a netgear r7000p completely brick and i'm not happy about it, but in the intern i am going back to my faithful ac66u with merlin 380.70 which i really used to like, shame i switched. I been searching to get the latest firmware and google searches are finding 384.9 for merlin, but alot of what i see is for ac68u not 66u. Will i have a problem? is the 66u too outdated for further merlin's? Last i checked the latest mnfr firmware wasn't as up to date as merlin.

thoughts?

The 380.70 is the latest RMerlin build for the RT-AC66U. It was a good run!

I recently flashed the latest official Asus firmware on an old RT-AC66U as it had more security issues addressed than 380.70. The customers noted that their internet seemed more responsive. Testing with speedtest.net showed about 10% faster speeds for their slow DSL connection.

Thank you for the reply. I think i'll investigate the fork to see what that's like. I'll reply when i found something i like.