What's new

Asus AC68A slows down and needs a reboot every few days

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sp00nlude

New Around Here
Hello,

I've had this router for a few months and I've flashed merlin's FW since day 1. I've noticed that every few days the network speeds would slow to a crawl and accessing webpages would be slow too until I reboot the unit. Then everything becomes snappy again. I have pretty much everything disabled including CTF. I have around 30 clients connected with a mixture of 2.4/5ghz. 1 OpenVPN server instance running. I've noticed that when I have OpenVPN server disabled, it seems to last longer, but it will still eventually slow down. I've been updating to the latest stable everytime one is released in hopes of resolving this issue. I am currently running 380.67 and did a reboot, factory reset, then manual settings.

Am I just pushing the hardware to its limits with the number of clients connected and the VPN server?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I've had this router for a few months and I've flashed merlin's FW since day 1. I've noticed that every few days the network speeds would slow to a crawl and accessing webpages would be slow too until I reboot the unit. Then everything becomes snappy again. I have pretty much everything disabled including CTF. I have around 30 clients connected with a mixture of 2.4/5ghz. 1 OpenVPN server instance running. I've noticed that when I have OpenVPN server disabled, it seems to last longer, but it will still eventually slow down. I've been updating to the latest stable everytime one is released in hopes of resolving this issue. I am currently running 380.67 and did a reboot, factory reset, then manual settings.

Am I just pushing the hardware to its limits with the number of clients connected and the VPN server?

Thanks in advance.
I'm on an RT-AC5300 with Openvpn enabled. I don't have 30 users. Just me, and I hardly vpn in. But my wifi crawls to a halt where the admin page won't load. I've had to manually reboot on 380.67 as well.

I wanted to provide an update on my issue. It appears that having CFT back on now it is stable for almost 2 weeks straight.

Thanks for the help tsunami2311