What's new

asus ac68u router voltage

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

aligh

Occasional Visitor
I have a UPS because the electricity is form time to time off here , the UPS has a dc output 12v, 24v only , but it doesn't have 19 volt, since ac68u router works on 19 v only, Can I put the router on 24 volt in the UPS ? Can it work normally on this voltage 24 v?

I have a UPS because the electricity is form time to time off here , the UPS has a dc output 12v, 24v only , but it doesn't have 19 volt, since ac68u router works on 19 v only, Can I put the router on 24 volt in the UPS ? Can it work normally on this voltage 24 v?

I wouldn’t see what not. Not sure what your voltage is in Australia but here in the USA it’s 110v. The router gets the 19v from the power adapter not what is supplied to it, as long as it is more than 19v.
The concern I would have is the amperage. Will your ups have enough amps?

Can it work normally on this voltage 24 v?
I very much doubt it. The router is rated at 19v for a reason. If you ran it at 24v at the very least it would run very hot and probably damage the unit.

A better solution would be to use a UPS that supplies normal mains voltage. That way you don't have to mess around with converters and adapters. If you really must use a DC power source you should use a DC to DC power converter, something like this.

Or you use just a couple (about 6-7) of 3A-diodes in series with your 24V output to lower voltage to your Asus input, not perfect as you will waste some watts but will work.
24V may be too much for the router's long life ability - nobody will know as no one ever tried it or reported here, too much risc to get a brick.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t see what not. Not sure what your voltage is in Australia but here in the USA it’s 110v. The router gets the 19v from the power adapter not what is supplied to it, as long as it is more than 19v.
The concern I would have is the amperage. Will your ups have enough amps?

I think it is 1,5 A , but the voltage is the problem . Here people ( in Iraq) use TP- link routers which always runs with 12 v only so the companies make UPS only with 12 volts , since I hate TP- link routers because they are very bad products , I love this router ac68 u asus , but there is no a suitable UPS for it . these some pictures of the UPS
download.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
The RT-AC68U is rated as 19v at 1.75A, so you'll need a UPS that can supply at least 34 Watts to the router.

I think it is 1,5 A , but the voltage is the problem . Here people ( in Iraq) use TP- link routers which always runs with 12 v only so the companies make UPS only with 12 volts , since I hate TP- link routers because they are very bad products , I love this router ac68 u asus , but there is no a suitable UPS for it . these some pictures of the UPSView attachment 20179 View attachment 20180
There are some ways to do so.
https://usa.banggood.com/Excellway-...p-1250656.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=USA
https://usa.banggood.com/Minleaf-96...r-p-981672.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GVDL637/
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Widely-use-24v-to-19v-dc_60608744259.html

But I don't recommend it. Get a low-end APC UPS.

@aligh, battery capacity is usually stated as mAh.

I very much doubt it. The router is rated at 19v for a reason. If you ran it at 24v at the very least it would run very hot and probably damage the unit.

A better solution would be to use a UPS that supplies normal mains voltage. That way you don't have to mess around with converters and adapters. If you really must use a DC power source you should use a DC to DC power converter, something like this.

I’m confused. Shouldn’t he be plugging in the routers 19v power adapter into the 24v ups? Is so wouldn’t it be running as it normally would be if plugged into a wall outlet?

Can it work normally on this voltage 24 v?
Here people ( in Iraq)...

Definitely not a good idea. The router inside has multiple DC-to-DC power converter ICs. Higher input voltage means more heat generated in power circuits. If one of them fails, you'll lose the router. You live in a warm weather country and your router may get damaged faster than you think.

I see now. It is not a ups like I originally thought.

yes exactly, the ups contains adapters inside , means when you attach the router or nano you should get rid or throw the original adapter of the router or the nano because there are ones inside the ups.

I’m confused. Shouldn’t he be plugging in the routers 19v power adapter into the 24v ups? Is so wouldn’t it be running as it normally would be if plugged into a wall outlet?

the ups contains adapters inside , means when you attach the router or nano you should get rid or throw the original adapter of the router or the nano because there are ones inside the ups.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!