What's new

Asus AC68U vs AX56U vs DLink

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Matthew Patrick

Hey guys. So I have a family in need of a new router. They have a certain budget and I can see that here the routers that are kinda matching in prices are Asus AC68U (Kinda old but gold) , AX56U or DLink DIR 878

Which one should they take? I myself use Asus AC86U . But I really don't have any experience with AC68U or AX56U or even DLink DIR 878 .

Which is the most powerful in range ? And performance?? Since it's gonna be a set and done thing.. thanks!!!!

Hey guys. So I have a family in need of a new router. They have a certain budget and I can see that here the routers that are kinda matching in prices are Asus AC68U (Kinda old but gold) , AX56U or DLink DIR 878

Which one should they take? I myself use Asus AC86U . But I really don't have any experience with AC68U or AX56U or even DLink DIR 878 .

Which is the most powerful in range ? And performance?? Since it's gonna be a set and done thing.. thanks!!!!

You could sell them your established and trusted and familiar AC86U and get yourself an AX86U.

OE

Yeah, but I'm still waiting for wifi 6E before upgrading.. Soo seems like I'm gonna let them buy AX56U then !! Looks better in terms of software too

I'd get an ax58u instead since it has phenomenal and much better wifi range then the ax56u. I returned the ac86u, it was a horrible experience. Get the ax58u at a refurbished price on amazon, which is what I did, or wait till it goes on sale for $150 which seems to be every month. You get a better router for cheaper or same price.

I'd get an ax58u instead since it has phenomenal and much better wifi range then the ax56u. I returned the ac86u, it was a horrible experience. Get the ax58u at a refurbished price on amazon, which is what I did, or wait till it goes on sale for $150 which seems to be every month. You get a better router for cheaper or same price.
Yeh can't do AX58U. It's not officially here so no 3 year warranty sadly

Yeh can't do AX58U. It's not officially here so no 3 year warranty sadly

huh? well that sucks. with the refurb one on amazon you can buy the 4 year asurion warranty for 30 bucks. but then thats another 30 bucks you have to spend lol. but if you get it refurbed for $130 then thats only $160. the asurion warranty is easier to deal with then asus. they send you a label for the shipping and pretty much just give you the credit. amazon offers it on checkout on the refurbished ax58u. Amazon.com: ASURION 4 Year Office Equipment Protection Plan with Tech Support $125-149.99: Electronics The 3 year is 21.99

NEVERMIND ITS ONLY FOR THE USA!! ugh....

Last edited: