What's new

Asus AC86U - AP isolation doesn't work with AirPlay

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

soleht

New Around Here
Hello guys!
I've bought an Apple TV before several months and I connected it to a 5Ghz guest network. I used to have the AP isolation setting OFF (in 5Ghz Wireless Advanced Settings) because I wanted it to be able to communicate only with my MacBook pro which was connected to the same guest network. Everything used to work fine, my MacBook was able to stream to the apple tv without problems while other devices in other guest networks (both 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz) were not. On the 2,4Ghz band, the AP isolation setting was ON. Yesterday, I realized that a friend of mine who was connected to a 2,4Ghz guest network was able to stream to my apple tv. I set both 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz ap isolation on, and disabled intranet from all guest networks. For some reason now I am able to stream to it from all networks, both lan and guest, but when I try to ping it, I can't !!! I tried to hard reset the router and do all the settings from start but the problem is still there. I am using the latest official Asus firmware. Any thoughts about what is happening?
P.S. Sorry for my English :(

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!