What's new

Asus ac86u firewall

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nathan Owens

Occasional Visitor
Is there a way to instead of rejecting to use drop instead. I am getting many IPs and different ones possibly trying to find an open port

I’ve even used ssh to add drop instead of reject and even tried from source and seems my rules get ignored

Firmware version?

Can you provide an example of these "reject" rules. I only see REJECT being used in a few very specific cases (keyword and URL filtering). The vast majority of rules use DROP.

Last edited:
@EventPhotoMan the advantage for me is that I don't need to worry if it is too small (since it is the maximum supported size). :)

See the recent discussion where Skynet now requires 1GB minimum size for the swap file. That is a big increase from swap file = size of RAM (or for 'crazy' times two the size of RAM). :)

Are you running RMerlin 384.15_0 on your router?

Did you try doing an additional force update on Skynet before you reboot? Normally, a reboot isn't needed. (Or maybe, you didn't wait long enough for the router to settle and Skynet to fully load)?