What's new

Asus AC86U - Merlin - Route OpenVPN = Download Master ONLY

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ryancope123

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys,

I currently have 1 master rule on OpenVPN that puts all traffic via a VPN by default using the policy rulings.
VPN 192.168.1.0/24 0.0.0.0 VPN

Is there a way I can only route the download master client ( built into the Asus router ) through the VPN.

It's becoming annoying by default all new devices connecting via the VPN by default.

I am not sure of the exact IP but I want my torrents to be private.

http://192.168.1.1:8081/downloadmaster/task.asp

the above is the address to access download master

Would i be right in thinking all i have to do is add a rule like below to force download master through VPN on it's own..

VPN 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.0 VPN

Last edited:
Nobody know a way ?
:(
For the Transmission (or Aria2c) application running on the router, the solution is to create an alias IP that the application can bind to.

e.g.
Code:
ifconfig br0:0 192.168.1.xxx up    # create br0 alias with a new ip

This alias (192.168.1.xxx) is then added to the Selective Routing GUI for the appropriate VPN client.
Code:
DownloadMaster   192.168.1.xxx   0.0.0.0   VPN

Not sure if Download Master has the bind capability?

I'm trying to achieve this as well. Whenever I set
Code:
ifconfig br0:0 192.168.0.253 up
The router reboots and br0:0 goes back to a 169 address. Does the IP have to be a different subnet? My DHCP scope is up to 250 on 192.168.0.xxx

I'm trying to achieve this as well. Whenever I set
Code:
ifconfig br0:0 192.168.0.253 up
The router reboots and br0:0 goes back to a 169 address. Does the IP have to be a different subnet? My DHCP scope is up to 250 on 192.168.0.xxx
I've found out here that 0 alias is used by the 5ghz radio on my AC87u so another alias is necessary.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!