What's new

ASUS AC86U problem disconect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

didario

Occasional Visitor
what's up with these asus routers.
I can't build the simplest network, it always disconnects wifi connections. tested on original firmware and merlin (348.17.)
ac86u main router (mfc date 2020) + ac68u mesh distance between devices - 5m (one thin plaster wall)
syslog 1- mesh- disconetct meh router ac68u.
syslog 2 only ac86u (no mesh)- in log disconect printer canon (3 meter)

(PS: Ac88u worked for a year and the radio went down)
May 31 11:47:04 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(481): eth5: Disassoc 04:D9:F5:DF:1C:89, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
May 31 11:47:04 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(500): eth5: Auth 04:D9:F5:DF:1C:89, status: Successful (0)
May 31 11:47:04 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(529): eth5: Assoc 04:D9:F5:DF:1C:89, status: Successful (0)
May 31 11:47:05 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(481): eth5: Disassoc 04:D9:F5:DF:1C:89, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)
May 31 11:47:07 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(500): eth5: Auth 04:D9:F5:DF:1C:89, status: Successful (0)
May 31 11:47:07 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(529): eth5: Assoc 04:D9:F5:DF:1C:89, status: Successful (0)
May 31 11:47:10 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(481): eth5: Disassoc 04:D9:F5:DF:1C:89, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
May 31 11:47:10 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(500): eth5: Auth 04:D9:F5:DF:1C:89, status: Successful (0)
May 31 11:47:10 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(529): eth5: Assoc 04:D9:F5:DF:1C:89, status: Successful (0)
problem with clients disconnection occurs on every router (ac86u, ac68u, ac88u) except .... n66u :).
If I turn off the printer, the router "chooses" another client to disconnect. What is wrong? are these routers so typical?
Max distance router-client is 5 meters/ 16ft
disconect.jpg

Attachments

• syslog-1.txt
    331.8 KB · Views: 166
  • syslog-2.txt
    11.1 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
That's strange to be having this issue across multiple devices and firmware versions.

Conversely, I'm using an 86U as the router downstairs and a 68U as a mesh node upstairs, both on 384.17, and this setup is solid.

also seem strange.
A few years was calm (n66u- merlin fw), then replacement for Ac88U - almost a year ok, then 2.4 radios fell (similar symptom - the printer appears, disappears, appears). I haven't used mesh so far.
Now I bought ac86u and ac68u and there is a problem.
as I notice the problem is only at 2.4ghz. currently connected to us only 5ghz hardware and no errors.
running mesh destroys everything :( (merlin.17)

I tested the media bridge - it also disconnects.
I'm packing the scrap metal tomorrow and go to amazon. no more asus :)

I tested the media bridge - it also disconnects.
I'm packing the scrap metal tomorrow and go to amazon. no more asus :)
Before you send it back may I recommend you try the Asus factory firmware for the AC86U (main router) and the AC68U mesh node.
Here are my recommendations for the AC86U: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac86u-firmware-and-settings.64433/
Once the AC86U is up and running add the AC68U as a mesh node. I have tested the settings with my AC86U and an AC66U_B1 very successfully!
Please, just try it...

Before you send it back may I recommend you try the Asus factory firmware for the AC86U (main router) and the AC68U mesh node.
Here are my recommendations for the AC86U: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac86u-firmware-and-settings.64433/
Once the AC86U is up and running add the AC68U as a mesh node. I have tested the settings with my AC86U and an AC66U_B1 very successfully!
Please, just try it...
Txanx. I tried and nothing. 2.4 band breaks connection every now and then (-28db to -70db). I suspect that something strongly interferes with the network but I can not find it. The funny thing is that the placed n66u works without any problems and 2.4 works stable (n66u and ac68u firmware - fresh tomato 2020.03)

Strange things - 2.4 network problems do not occur when I set up a network for guests and connect all 2.4 devices to it. Can someone explain it to me?

AiMesh nodes do not support guest networks, so the devices on it will only connect to main router. I am not sure this answers your question though.

AiMesh nodes do not support guest networks, so the devices on it will only connect to main router. I am not sure this answers your question though.
:)
I don't use imesh.
ac68u + n66u as a bridge (only eth).
like printers hooked up to main 2.4 (simple name, password 15 characters - only letters and numbers) which I want to break connections despite the fact that the status indicates signal quality 91%.
If I connect to a guest network, the printer works perfectly - no problems. I can't understand it, since theoretically the two interact and should be worse.

what's up with these asus routers.
I can't build the simplest network, it always disconnects wifi connections. tested on original firmware and merlin (348.17.)
ac86u main router (mfc date 2020) + ac68u mesh distance between devices - 5m (one thin plaster wall)
syslog 1- mesh- disconetct meh router ac68u.
syslog 2 only ac86u (no mesh)- in log disconect printer canon (3 meter)

This is why I thought you were running an AiMesh setup, sorry for the confusion.......

Black magic - every Asus router that connects (ac68u, ac86u, ac88u/ no mesh, bo bridge) has problems with 2.4ghz devices (dhcp refresh every 5 seconds, despite the fixed addressing set), no matter whether OF, merlin or tomato. This obviously results in a lack of internet connection.
The only router that has these problems somewhere and works properly with devices is the old, heating n66u on any software.
Can anyone relate to this? Something with driver incompatibility or what?

2.4g devices:
canon TS6051- printer,
xiaomi gate- gate wifi,
thermoval tvt40 - thermostat,
intel N 6200agn
xiaomi Mi9- (only 2.4ghz problem),
Xiaomi remi note 8T (only 2.4ghz prblem).

maximum distance from the device to the router - 3,5m/ 11,5 feet

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!