What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AdamGH

New Around Here
Hi guys, im new here and also quite new to flashing routers with open source software. I wanted to ask (quite broad on the features page) is it possible to set up QoS throttling bandwidth on a guest account SSID, whilst leaving the main primary SSID... well to be unrestricted. I know this would be possible on DD-WRT but unfortunately isn't supported by the AC86U, my main choice. But if its not possible i'll just have to settle for the Asus AC88U, although won't be quite as satisfied with its older hardware.

Please let me know what you guys think, and thanks for your help!

the router I am using is ac3100, even with stock you have ability to set the bandwidth limit.
I would assume it's also possible to do with 86u.

But you can also set higher priority to know device and leave new connected have default priority and just use advance qos.

I think there is also currently some bug with qos for ac86u atm.
But unless you can get a good deal, I think 86u is better pick

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    332.4 KB · Views: 371
on my 68U (Merlin) and 86U (stock) this guest bandwith limiter option is missing, but maybe only in AP-mode and available in router-mode with QoS enabled, need others to confirm.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!